Monday, September 19, 2011

San Juan Island trip on SEAN o' Sea cont 5

Day 10 a.m. Good morning! I am sitting up in the cockpit with my coffee enjoying a warm sunny morning listening to sea gulls. Steve and the kids are still in bed. Lazy heads! On the way to Blake Island around noon today. It has been amazing! We left Port Townsend under sail, beam reach at 5 knots an hour. Not too tippy for the princess. I love beam reaches! Fuel tank full and our tummies full of ice cream. Always dessert first right? About 30 miles to Blake so about 5 hours or so. Then home to my newly spacious home after 11 days on this little sailboat!

We made it to Blake Island after a long 6 hour trip. Some sailing, but more motoring. Sunny and warm the whole way. I steared for a bit and Steve napped in the cockpit easily available. The kids watched movies some but took a long nap. They are so cute when they are asleep! Got a sweet pic of them all cuddled up together. We saw some orcas on the way too. We followed them for a bit. Saw5 or 6 of them Steve said they were the transients father south than we expected. It was cool. We had dinner then the kids and I went and played on the beacch till it was dark. Steve stayed and rested on the boat. He was exhausted. It will be good to get in our own bed again!

No comments: